Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The iPod Shuffle

My iPod is broken.
More specifically, my 2GB iPod Nano's screen is broken. I can still upload songs and I can still listen to music, but I'm screwed when it comes to navigating the menu. When my iPod is off, I see four black stripes of varying band widths and the screen looks a bit like a section of a barcode. When I turn my iPod on, inky, black shapes--a triangle, a trapezoid, and a rectangle--are all that I see. I press the control wheel, skip forward, go backward, press pause, press play, and although I can't see what I'm doing, I can plug my headphones in and hear that my iPod is following my blind commands. But I can't scroll through my music library. I can't tell if I'm on playlists, songs, artists, changing time, or changing songs. I can't tell if I'm clicking on Britney Spears or Barry White, Arcade Fire or Aerosmith. There's no way of knowing what I'm subjecting my ears to.
Listening to my iPod, an activity that was one of the few things I had control over, has turned into a crapshoot.

8 comments:

Mel @ What The French said...

this is so sad and depressing. you know i understand too because i called you the other day with a "crisis" which was really just that my ipod froze for a few hours! funny writing though... i like the comments about not knowing what you're subjecting your ears to. only members of our family would have barry white, britney spears, arcade fire, and aerosmith all on the same ipod! :)

Anonymous said...

i think one small allusion to how your ipod is like life (being a crapshoot...a box of chocolates... cant know the future...)

Anonymous said...

I think the allusion is definitely there even though it's a tad melodramatic. But sometimes it seems like you always just miss the train.

Anonymous said...

you broke my ipod???!!!!????? you are becoming a menace to technology! and don't even think that you are going to abscond with my iphone the next time you are home, young lady!!!

love, your mother

Resalin Rago said...

For the record, I did NOT break the iPod. I wore that poor baby out.

Anonymous said...

GET OVERR IT! =]

Anonymous said...

If you be the blogger, does that make me the blogee?

Anonymous said...

Res, its time for more. We. want. more.