Friday, September 26, 2008

Austin City Limits: Day 1, Pt. 1

I landed in Austin-Bergstrom International ten minutes early--go Continental! Slept the whole flight sandwiched between an Indian man and a big White guy who looked very uncomfortable. His knees pushed right up against the seat in front of him and he had tried to squeeze his wide frame within the arm rests so as not to invade my personal space, but it just wouldn't happen. Poor thing. I was woken up several times by accidental elbow nudging.

Amber, Jason, and I had lunch at Magnolia and now we're back at the casa waiting for Stew God They're napping and I'm trying to wait patiently. Maybe we'll make it to Zilker Park before Vampire Weekend's set is over. I'd love to see if the Columbia alums are making headway with UT students.

More later..much, much more!
Resalin

PS. Jakob Dylan was on my flight. His blue eyes are unmistakable, even underneath a fishing cap. He was sitting in first class, of course, and I passed by him on my way to seat in coach. He was already asleep, sprawled out on two leather seats. One of those could have been mine Jakob!

No comments: