Wednesday, October 8, 2008

At last...WOMANIZER



Britney's new single from her upcoming album (set to drop on her birthday) is certainly catchy and that's putting it kindly. It's the most infectious, no, most ear-worming of all her singles. It enters the ear canal, tunnels into the cerebellum and sets up house. Before the second chorus is over, the song has house plants, matching bathmats, and plastic covering on the couches. The beast is a squatter.

And I consider myself a loyal Britney fan.

It's not the droning beat (if you can even call it that. It's more like a buzzing airplane than a beat)
that bothers me. It's the fact that "womanizer" is half-sung/half-spoken 40 times in three minutes.

Chorus: Womanizer, Wo-womanizer, You're a womanizer, Oh--Womanizer, Oh--You're a Wo-womanizer,
You, You-you are, You, You-you are,
Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer.
Boy don't try to front, I know-know just what you are.
Boy don't try to front, I know-know just what you are.
You, (you got me going), You, oh so slimy.
But I can't do it. You Womanizer.

Boy don't try to front, I know-know just what you are.
Boy don't try to front, I know-know just what you are.

You say I'm crazy, I got you crazy.

You're nothing but a womanizer.

Seriously?

AND. If you count the title, "Womanizer" (shocking!), it's 41 times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call Brit what you will, but Blackout was UH-mazing. I prefer crazy to glazed over any day. Maybe she should steer clear of the Prozac. Now I feel bad - I still love her to pieces. (Oh oh! In the words of Jewel, "Do you hate her, 'cause she's pieces of you?") Great, now I'm laugh-crying and I'm straight back in 9th grade! Y'all, I've found the cure for the quarter-life crisis! Listen to Jewel! You're welcome, Rez, for an incoherent rant. xx

Resalin Rago said...

nothing beats incoherent rants from my favorite Jewel lover. Remember riding around in your mom's Dodge van?

Love you so,
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Forest green. Ain't nothin' like Suzy Subaru, though. How many Lionettes with hoops and ladders can you fit in the back? As many as you want.
xx