Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Bargain


The following is my theory on why the Cowboys can't win a play0ff game, and now, after the jaw-dropping loss to the Eagles, won't even get to play in post season.

Jerry Jones made a bargain with the Devil.

I think that in order to come up with the billions of dollars, euros, rupees, and solid gold bars needed to build his shrine in Arlington, Jones struck a deal with the greatest conman ever.

Seriously y'all. This is just embarrassing.

For post game commentary and a look at Romo's dapper chapaeau, click on:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=80B7C1A6-E8D5-52EF-29F1423468A42132

It's good to be TO:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=80CBCB28-A7A2-6505-7A44C24D67DCED1A

1 comment:

Mel @ What The French said...

The devil went down to Dallas, he was looking for a soul to steal.
He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind: he was willin' to make a deal.
When he came across this young man tossin' 'round a football and playin' it hard
And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:
"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a football player too.
"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
"Now you play a pretty good football, boy, but give the devil his due:
"I bet a football of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."
The boy said: "My name's Jerry and it might be a sin,
"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

Jerry you oil up your ball and play your pigskin hard.
'Cos hells broke loose in Dallas and the devil deals it hard.
And if you win you get this shiny football made of gold.
But if you lose, the devil gets your goals.

The devil opened up his case and he said: "I'll start this brawl."
And fire flew from his fingertips as he oiled up his ball.
And he threw the ball across the field and it made an evil hiss.
Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this.
When the devil finished, Jerry said: "Well you're pretty good ol' son.
"But if you'll sit down on that bleacher there, and let me show you how its done."

Fire on the yardline, run boys, run.
The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.
Miller in the ice bin, dogs on the grill
"Wade, does T.O. bite?"
"No, Jones, no."

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
He laid that golden fotball on the ground at Jerry's feet.
Jerry said: "Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again.
"I told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been."

And he played fire on the yardline, run boys, run.
The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.
Miller in the ice bin, dogs on the grill
"Wade, does T.O. bite?"
"No, Jones, no."