Monday, January 5, 2009

Zooey and Ben Sitting in a Tree...



I have a thing for musicians, I do. I would love to deny it but my track record and my friends would call me out faster than Slash can shred a guitar string. However, I think Zooey Deschanel--the She of She & Him--has me beat.

She assumed the role of Mrs. Rushmore when she dated Coconut Record's Jason Schwartzman and was linked with Maroon 5's Mickey Madden for a long spell. Now, hours after rumors of an engagement to AFI's bassist Hunter Burgan flurried around the Elf songstress, Rolling Stone reports that Miss Deschanel will become Mrs. Ben Gibbard. (Check it out here: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/12/30/death-cab-for-cuties-ben-gibbard-she-hims-zooey-deschanel-engaged/)

Who knew they were even an item? Apparently, the two have been dating for almost a year! Way to keep it on the lowdown.

Congrats and good luck to Mr. Postal Service and his Postmistress. May y'all make beautiful melancholy music together.


No comments: