Saturday, February 7, 2009

Try A Little Tenderness

Last spring, a boy wrote me a love letter. It’s my first, and currently, the only love letter I’ve had the honor of receiving. I said “honored,” not because it led to a great relationship, but because I feel like I did something, or was enough of something, to warrant such a ballsy move.

So for the first of my favorite love songs, here’s “Try A Little Tenderness” by Three Dog Night.



Oh she may be weary
young girls they do get wearied
wearing that same old miniskirt dress
but when she gets weary
try a little tenderness….

Now it might be a little bit sentimental,
but she has her grieves and cares
but the soft words they are spoke so gentle
it makes it easier to bear.
Oh she won’t regret it,
them young girls they don’t forget it,
love is their whole happiness.
But it’s all so easy
all you got to do is try
try a little tenderness


Thank you, Rose, for your letter.

No comments: