Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jason Reece of ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead on SXSW

See the article on Blackbook Magazine.

Plus more:
RR:If I was a shitty band and I was coming to you for some guidance, what would you tell me?
JR: Quit while you’re ahead. Unplug your musical equipment, sell it on eBay and work in a normal job like everyone else.

RR:Where is this coming from?
JR: It’s that oversaturation of mediocrity. The bands that I like and see, I’ve discovered by accident. It seems like SXSW is this ridiculous, debaucherous, crazy, drug-fueled, alcohol-fueled party. It’s fun but does anyone really watch the music?

You know, Trail of Dead was once an aspiring band.
JR: I guess that makes me an asshole for saying that but that’s how I feel. But the cool thing about SXSW is that it’s great to have that sort of party, festive atmosphere.

No comments: